STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING AND LIABILITY WAIVER
I do hereby affirm and acknowledge that I am fully cognizant of the inherent hazards and risks associated with the use of firearms and archery equipment. I fully understand that these risks can lead to severe injury and even loss of life. I understand that the use of firearms and archery equipment may be conducted at a site that is remote from a medical facility and competent medical assistance. Nevertheless, I choose to proceed even in the absence of a medical facility and competent medical assistance. Additionally, I understand that there are also risks associated with travel, including, but not limited to the possible injury or loss of life as a result of a vehicle or off-road vehicle accident, as well as travel to and from Club properties. Despite the potential hazards and dangers associated with hunting, fishing, the use of firearms and archery equipment and travel as outlined herein, I wish to proceed and 1 freely accept and expressly assume alt risk, dangers and hazards that may arise from these activities which could result in personal injury, loss of life and property damage to me.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in Club activities as well as the use of any of the facilities and the use of the equipment of the below listed releasees, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS based upon negligence, active or passive with the exception of intentional, wanton or wilful misconduct that I may have in the future against any of the following named persons or entities, Williams Lake Sportsmen’s Association 920 Bond Lake Road, Williams Lake, BC (Mailing Address – Williams Lake Sportsmen’s Association PO Box 4097, Williams Lake, BC V2G 2V2) hereafter referred to as Releases.
2. To release the Releasees, their officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents and volunteers, from liability and responsibility, whatsoever, for any claims or causes of action that I, my estate, heirs executors or assigns may have for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death arising from hunting, fishing, use of firearms or archery equipment and travel as outlined herein whether caused by active or passive negligence of the releasees or otherwise with the exception of gross negligence. By executing this document, I agree to hold the releasees harmless for any injury or loss of life which may occur to me during hunting, fishing, the use of firearms and archery equipment and travel as outlined herein
3. By entering into this agreement, I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by the releasees, other than what is set forth in this agreement. I further agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada
4. If any provision, section, subsection, clause or phrase of this release is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that portion shall be severed from this contract. The remainder of this contract will then be construed as though the unenforceable portion had never been contained in this document.
5. If I am a parent or guardian of a child or junior who has become a members, by my acceptance of this document, on their behalf release all claims they and I have.
l hereby declare that I am of legal age (over 18) and am competent to understand this Agreement or, if not, that my parent or legal guardian is in complete understanding and concurrence with this agreement and further has explained to me the full meaning and responsibility of this document.
AND further that if I am a Primary holder of a Williams Lake Sportsmen’s Association Membership that I undertake to explain the full meaning and responsibility to my Secondary members.